Hey Guy's.

I have a Jewel Rio 125 tank and I have the following fish:

1. 1 Bolivian Ram
2. Approx 5 Guppies
3. 1 Sailfin Molly
4. 2 Flying Foxes
5. 8 Cardinal Tetras
6. 2 Harlequin. (rob not spelt right)

Is this too many fish for the tank? As I am thinking of getting 2 clown loaches. I know these gro big as I would have to get a biiger tank or rehome them eventually.

BTW I usew a Fluval 205 filter.

Cheers

Hey Guy's.

I have a Jewel Rio 125 tank and I have the following fish:

1. 1 Bolivian Ram
2. Approx 5 Guppies
3. 1 Sailfin Molly
4. 2 Flying Foxes
5. 8 Cardinal Tetras
6. 2 Harlequin. (rob not spelt right)

Is this too many fish for the tank? As I am thinking of getting 2 clown loaches. I know these gro big as I would have to get a biiger tank or rehome them eventually.

BTW I usew a Fluval 205 filter.

Cheers

i think its ok but you might want to move the flying foxes to a bigger tank.

You could get some more Harlequin Rasboras. I wouldn't get the Clown Loaches because they are a shoaling fish so two isn't ideal and they will also grow too large for your aquarium.

Clown loach size:
14062008084.jpg

Everyone is pretty well on the ball tonight :) The flying foxes should be fine in that tank. Add another 6-8 harlequin rasboras so they are in a group. Maybe add another bolivian ram so you have a pair. Instead of getting clown loaches perhaps look at botia sidthimunki, they stay small and you could have a group or 4-5 in there.

Everyone is pretty well on the ball tonight :) The flying foxes should be fine in that tank. Add another 6-8 harlequin rasboras so they are in a group. Maybe add another bolivian ram so you have a pair. Instead of getting clown loaches perhaps look at botia sidthimunki, they stay small and you could have a group or 4-5 in there.

i use to have 2 rams but they use to lock lips and spin in circles!

the 2 rams were testing each other out. Males & females often do that before they pair up for breeding. If one party is not strong enough it is driven away from the territory.
2 males usually swim around in circles with their fins up showing off to each other. Males will sometimes liplock with each other but they prefer to just show off.

Most reactions

Back