Do fishes pass 'wind'?

Farting fish scooting along the tank Phhrrrt.... :rofl: oh man! can't say I've seen it yet myself but what if they burp and fart at the same time??? :blink: :lol:

My frontosa do all the time :nod: ....make the best faces doing it too :lol: ....I am serious. :nod:

i don't know, i can see my pleco doing it, but my angels are such little prisses i am sure they would never dream of doing it

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was just reading about it in another forum and someone showed a link on it about they fart warn others or somthing.

You know when your Corys rush up to the top of the tank to get a gulp of air? The used air is expelled out the anal port. The Skeptical Aquarist says "Every so often your Cories will make a dash for the surface to gulp air. A highly-vascular section of the intestine serves as an accessory respiratory organ. The spent air, mostly exhausted of its oxygen, is expelled from the anus. In Corydoras, the swallowed air plays an even more important role in hydrostatic balance, keeping the fish neutrally buoyant."

Most of my catfish fart all the time, especially if its the morning after the weekly pellet feeding. With the bigger ones you can here them fart from across the room :lol:

Seriously???? :hyper:

I mean, i know cories fart, but can you really hear big catfishes do that from across the room???

P.T.

Most reactions

Back