Do Fish Stop Eating If They Have White Spot?

clown_loach

Reaction score
Some advice please...

I'm currently treating my tank with Interpet anti whitespot as noticed one of my tetras has very small white dots on forehead area and possibly along her upper back.

I asked advice about treating whitespot on 27 November, and got lots of helpful info.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/379182-poorly-tetra-is-it-white-spot/page__view__findpost__p__3175618__fromsearch__1

For the past couple of days I'v been watching her very closely and she spends quite a bit of time lurking in the plants and I've been leaving the light off to help minimise any stress.

The thing is... she does swim with the others and when it's feeding time, there's quite a frenzy which she is part of, but she's not actually eating anything. Food flakes seem to just fall beside her.

Could she be blind? A worrying time as I can't find out what's wrong.

Anyone any ideas?

One of my daughter's goldfish had ich which I just finished treating successfully and it stopped eating for a few days so yes it is possible. Not sure if it would be blind though.

Hi there,

my fish seem to eat more during treatment (as I raise the temp too).

I think it depends on the fish, provided your not overfeeding, food will help them recover.

Most reactions

Back