Do Firemouth School Together?

Pioneer

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just got 4 juvenile Firemouths and they all stick together like dither fish, lol. Is that normal?
 
I just got 4 juvenile Firemouths and they all stick together like dither fish, lol. Is that normal?

No... not really...... Firemouths are not "schooling" fish in the true sense of "schooling"
 
If one goes to the other side of the tank, the other 3 follow. They all sleep under the same cave too.
 
They are still juveniles. When young, most fish whether schooling or not stay together for safety. There will be a certain point where they no longer feel the need for this group safety and one or more of the fm's might get seriously picked on and/or hurt.... keep a watchful eye on them as they grow.

Ox :good:
 
as stated previously they are not a schooling fish in the truest sense. I have 6 in a 55 gallon tank. the smaller 4 of them tend to hang out together while the other 2 tend to go about their own business.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top