Do Female Bettas Lose Their Horizontal "stress" Stripes?

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I bought this female today at my LFS. She's very heavily striped, but horizontally. All of the females in the tank looked like that. Not very comforting...but I was wondering if the stripes will eventually go away, or if some females are just naturally striped. Does anyone know?

One of my females Bluebell (RIP) had permanant horizontal stripes. When I first got her, of course they were very apparent. They slightly faded but never went away completely even though she was a very happy fish.

And my blue girl now... although her horizontal stripes aren't as apparent, you can still see hers even though she isn't stressed.

Hopefully they'll eventually go away, sometimes it just takes a while for them to fade.

they should fade altogether, mine only stress now when I clean them out...

When i had my females a couple of them had horizontal stress stripes and faded after a week but still was very slightly visible.

ps, did your other 2 fish come?

:)

Yes, they should fade away, my female gets them and its a huge visible line, but after a hour or so she calmed down and now only gets them wen the other fish messes with her a bit. (dont worry they dont nip each other!)

Most reactions

Back