Do chilli rasboras eat fry?

if the rasboras are really well fed, they might ignore fish fry, but if they get hungry they will eat them.

They are more likely to eat eggs if they find them, which most fish usually do. The fry themselves have a much better chance of survival because they can get under wood, leaves, etc, but the eggs when laid are pretty obvious to all fish. The spawning fish are releasing pheromones and allomones which rather announces to all and sundry just what is going on.

They are more likely to eat eggs if they find them, which most fish usually do. The fry themselves have a much better chance of survival because they can get under wood, leaves, etc, but the eggs when laid are pretty obvious to all fish. The spawning fish are releasing pheromones and allomones which rather announces to all and sundry just what is going on.
Ok thanks. The spawning fish aren't actually in the tank, I just discovered fry a while after I removed the adults.

Ok thanks. The spawning fish aren't actually in the tank, I just discovered fry a while after I removed the adults.

It depends upon the size of the fry. Boraras brigittae (chili rasbora) are very small fish and in my view unlikely to go after healthy fry.

Most reactions

Back