Do Bow Fronts Distort?

Cheez

Reaction score
I found a nice 26g bow front tank made by aqueon that I like. I've heard from some people that bow front tanks distort your vision of the fish and make the fish scared when you come close because it distorts their vision too. Is this true?

I have a 55g bow front tank. It distorts when you put your nose to the tank. But if your eyes are about 2 foot back or further there is no distortion...

i think the acrylic tanks are worse for that.

i was once a member of another forum, and one guy on there one night post a help request, he had bought a fish earlier that day and it was fairly small, he starts ranting that it is some kind of mutant fish, as it has grown x5 times its size within 7 hours. he continued his rant and then the following day made a confession, he stated, i feel slightly stupid and not sure whether to admit the truth or simply remove my thread, however the fish in question has not grown, it was merely the corner of my acrylic tank that made it appear bigger than it was lol

i nearly died laughing!

i think the acrylic tanks are worse for that.

i was once a member of another forum, and one guy on there one night post a help request, he had bought a fish earlier that day and it was fairly small, he starts ranting that it is some kind of mutant fish, as it has grown x5 times its size within 7 hours. he continued his rant and then the following day made a confession, he stated, i feel slightly stupid and not sure whether to admit the truth or simply remove my thread, however the fish in question has not grown, it was merely the corner of my acrylic tank that made it appear bigger than it was lol

i nearly died laughing!

what an idiot! :lol: did he only use the corner of his tank??

lol i think he was just sat in his chair and saw the fish which was near the corner of the tank.

funny as hell

Yes there is some distortion with bow fronts... you do get used to it, but it can be annoying when you're rearranging the tank.

Yep, bowfronts do distort. That's the nature of the design. Some people like that; not me.

Mine is bow fronted-Its not much of a problem,its more of an annoyance when setting plants and ornaments. You arrange the plants from the front and then look down into the tank and realise you could have put the plants nearer the glass or more in a corner etc. Other than that its great and no camera flash reflection if you are careful.

i have this problem in a standard flat glass tank.. :lol: things are never where i want them to be... but i never notice till the hood is back on and everything is running again :huh:

Thats my trick too,i move stuff around then fill it with water- Then when its full i think ,thats not right, so i end up getting my arms wet moving stuff around again. Proper muppetry.!

Most reactions

Back