Diy Moonlights And Filter Pipework

liamsmith15

Reaction score
Just Thought Id share my moonlights and filter pips that i did myself.

I just hooked them up to a 12v power adapter. and cable tied them to the plastic cross bar across the middle of my tank.

I think they look pretty cool with the mian lights on too!

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

I recently upgraded my Fluval U4 for a Fluval 306. Which is amazing! Made the water crystal clear in a few days!

I dont really like the pipe just marauding about at the back of the tank. So i have used PVC pip from B&Q, the stuff they use for drinking water. I also made a spraybar to tame the flow a little. not sure if i like this atm. its a bit big for my liking tbh... =/

this is the pipes going into the filter. they need a little tidying tho.
IMAG0340-1.jpg

The pipes just go straight up and hook over the edge of the tank. It just mean that you can barely see them.
IMAG0342-1.jpg

The spray bar is a L shape. its not glued in so im thinking of removing it. 
IMAG0343-1.jpg

The flash makes the pipes show up  little more that they actually do. 
IMAG0344.jpg

All in all, I love it!

You can get black 22mm pipe from some online places, which looks slightly better in a lot of tanks, although mine is algaeing up and isn't anywhere near as obvious now.

Otherwise, nice pipework.

I don't really dig the PVC stuff. My filter pipes are see through so you rarely see them anyway.

I've been pondering getting some 22mm clear acrylic tube, for various reasons, but that was one of them.

Looking good! I'm running a 306 too, 4 stages and polishing. I used mature media in mine and like you the water was crystal clear in a couple of days and my water tests are all bang on.

Most reactions

Back