Diy Filter

AdamM

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have been thinking of trying this, sort of like a mini-sump, only sealed. I was thinking of having a powerhead on the end of the output so that water is sucked through the system, would this work?

you mean a mini canister?
youd probably have to go with a small submersible pump instead of a powerhead. powerheads are generally rated at 0 pump head and not meant to pump water vertically.

I have been thinking of trying this, sort of like a mini-sump, only sealed. I was thinking of having a powerhead on the end of the output so that water is sucked through the system, would this work?

i found a similar thing to what your looking at making on instructables
sump filter link

sump filter link

Here's mine originally set up for marine use but going back on myself and going tropical with it instead. Sump filters are a little more complicated than you think unless you want to end up draining the contents of your tank on the floor!! You need to find a way of getting water from the tank either by drilling it or using an overflow.

600.jpg

sump filter link

Here's mine originally set up for marine use but going back on myself and going tropical with it instead. Sump filters are a little more complicated than you think unless you want to end up draining the contents of your tank on the floor!! You need to find a way of getting water from the tank either by drilling it or using an overflow.
Yeh, but what i was thinking is a fully sealed unit, therefore water couldnt go anywhere, then just a pump to pull the water in...

Most reactions

Back