Diy Co2? Help?

dannyboi91

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so basically someone has recommended i set up a cheap DIY co2 system and i would like to know what is needed?? how much???and how??
I have two tanks a rio 240 and a aqua one nano 40(55litre) looking to try it on the nano as im thinking about eventually getting a FE system for the 240
any help would be greatly apreciated

That is weird. I tried seconds before i replyed to you and now i cant see the results anymore.

notified mod

It searches help files. You need to click the 'forum' tab at the top.

What kind of DIY are you referring to? Sugar/Yeast for the nano?

ok so i went out on a limb and made one this afternoon after looking at a few youtube videos and thought it looked easy so worth a go
and well its done.
and yes i used a sugar,yeast and bicarbonate of soda solution it started working within a few hours and expecting it to be properly going within 24 hours
it took around 10 mins to make ans was really easy cost me about £5 and i bought enough yeast to last ages so very cheap.
so far happy with it.

Start another bottle going 3 days after the first one so that when the first bottle is running low the second one is still producing co2. This allows you to make a new mix and get it up and running whilst the second bottle is keeping the co2 levels up.

Start another bottle going 3 days after the first one so that when the first bottle is running low the second one is still producing co2. This allows you to make a new mix and get it up and running whilst the second bottle is keeping the co2 levels up.
how do you recommend joining the bottles together?
here is a rather bad picture of my setup and how i think to connect them

Attachments

• co2 setup.png
    co2 setup.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 78

Most reactions

Back