divider

guppybaby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
oh yes it is me again........I have a 55 gallon tank. Can i divide it for my pregnant guppies? Please let me know the best way to do this and how much to divide and is it a good idea? thanks again guys.

You could divide it if you like...

The way I do it is to get condensation trays and drill holes in to allow the water to flow through. If you have an empty chamber inbetween 2 fish, then you may find that your babies will aim for the holes and hang around in the empty chamber - this happened with my mollies the other day.

joby, hey cool thanks for the information i will try it. It also seems to keep the fry away from the parents and bigger fish, is that right.

yeah - also long as there is a larger hole or 2 that the fry can get through but the parents can't

Joby, Do i get this condensation tray at the lfs? I have to go there tommorow anyway because I need to pick up a couple of big fat female guppies because i have to many males :wub: compared to females in my tank. :blink: Darn i just makes me feel soooooo bad i have to go to the lfs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah I am sure they will sell them at the LFS - just ask them.

thanks for the information i am on the way to go checkit out and find some male guppies. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

Back