Disposing Water

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
How do you guys get rid of your salt water when you do a water change? I've always drained my fresh tanks out the window into my flowerbed. But when I did my first change on my 100g, I noticed a couple of days later that one of my little plants closest to the window, (whom I planted as a teeny tiny and has come back year after year and was at it's best this year) is dying :(

I don't think it's good to put down the drain either. Aside from the enviromental factor (or is there one?), I've heard it will corrode your sink.

I tip mine on the weeds on my drive way

mine goes down the bog; simple as. altho i do like to put some in water bottles and pop em in my mini fridge so when its raided they pay the price for stealing :devil:

i drink mine too

its very healthy with all that decaying food and fish poop

yummmmmmmmmmmmy

Down the toilet bowl... I dont bother flushing it, just dump it down and next time I do my business its gone :)

Putting it on weeds in the driveway is a good idea as salt kills most plants (hence the problems in your salt bead). Remeber, way back in history when armies wanted to destroy farmland and cropland they would salt those lands to make them uninhabitable...

ha ha, salt the Earth. I hadn't thought of that.

Oh well, looks like I'll be lugging it down the driveway :X

Most reactions

Back