Disaster!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lrhodes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My terrible two year old decided to put a guppy in the betta tank!!!
Well I removed her as soon as I saw! But she has a blood red face and you can see blood? Where her tail starts.
Did the water do this? The betta? Or did my son hurt her?

It could be either, most likely your betta though.

If you have a quarantine tank, separate the guppy to it and perform daily water changes, hopefully its condition will improve.

I don't imagine she was in there for long. But I left to get food. And when I walked through the door Ben was screaming about fish and the betta. And I was like "what did you do?!" So I ran to our bedroom and sure enough there she was.... I still don't know if that was the only fish he caught. It was the only one I found. This all happened in about 30 minutes while I was gone. Husband obviously needs to monitor better! Lol.

I can try... but I never have luck uploading them on here.
All I have quarantine wise would be a betta bowl? :(

It would be better than nothing really :/

Upload the pictures to a photohosting website like photobucket and then post the IMG code here.

Guppy update. She is doing fine today. Still red and all. But swimming around like normal.

Woah!
This is one reason why I'm scared to death of having kids!
Such unpredictable creatures! ;)

I hope your guppy will recover from this!

Thank you!
Ben is the reason we got a tank. (Because he loved fish at a family members house)
And I'm sure he will be the reason we get rid of them! Lol.

He almost killed our betta. By giving him two whole bottles of medicine!!! In a five gallon tank! I am almost positive he was dead when I got him out of the tank... but if he was, he came back to life. That was a couple months ago. And he is doing great.

Fish are sometimes resilient I once was trying to transport a corydor from the shop bag into a net but I missed and he ended up in a bowl of hot Fairy washing up liquid. I was mortified and it took me about 2 minutes to find him amongst the bubbles and carry him out. got him into the tank and thought he was gonna die as he was not looking too good. Amazingly though 2 months he is doing very well and he is the cleanest cory I have lol. Anyone else have any funny stories to tell?c

I noticed the first two didn't. But the second two should. :/

Ah... oh well. Worth a try! Lol. But she is doing fine today... maybe she will heal quick.

Most reactions

Back