• No?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

H-Fish

Reaction score
Hay,

Just wondered again about some more info if poss plz?
My 2 females seem to be flirting with my male no agression or anythin if anythin loving him lol
Everyone warned me about maybe them fighting or the females killing the male but all is well (So far) Fingers crossed...

I have noticed though that one female is rubbing into the sand like brushing off ( Not Itch ) but looks like making a bed kind of thing near a rock hidden in some plants...What does this mean?

Also when the male is ready to build a nest if he does how long does it take and as there in a community tank will it be ok?

The females are so funny right little characters me and my partner have names them: the male is called Frank and the females are called Sheila and Monica.

What are the signs of them flirtng and maybe gonna start building a nest?

Cheers H-Fish

Hi, it is virtually impossible to successfully breed bettas in a community tank I'm afraid, the male may build a nest and indeed spawn with one of the females if he finds a nice quiet corner to do so but the nest will sooner or later be destroyed by one of the other fish and the eggs will be eaten. It is not recommended keeping male and female bettas together and I am sure you have heard this many times before but sooner or later one or more of the fish will end up injured, you really should get a seperate tank for the male and perhaps get a few more females to even out the heirachy a bit and then perhaps think about breeding after researching a bit more if that is what you want to do, this will need to be done in a seperate breeding tank to have any chance of getting some living fry, as for one of the females scraping the sand she is most likely just having a scratch and has nothing to do with their courtship behaviour.
To answer your question a male can build a bubble nest in as little as a few minutes to a few hours but will find this impossible in a tank with a strong current produced by a filter, the bubbles will just burst.
I would like to see a pic of your fish in their community though if you can get one :good:

Most reactions

Back