Diffusers?

Spikey1007

Reaction score
Hey all, theres alot of advise about differsuers such as ladder ones and such but i cant seem to find many pictures.

What diffusers do you recommend for a 60L tank with yeast and can you provide a link to a picture so i knwo which one to get. Thanks!

So you would recommend that type? Whats the white thing in the top? A flat airstone disc?

SpioIII.jpg

Is that the same, but why more glass tubing? If that is an airstone can't i just use one of those? but maybe the bubbles won't be in contact with the water long enough. Also did you recommend me 2 becuase i need 2 in the tank, or just becuase if one gets dirty i can put another one in while im cleaning it?

IMG_3860.jpg

This one if different, looks like it keeps the co2 bubbles in the water for longer is it better than the glass jar one?

Many questions, all answers will be good. Thank you.

EDIT : after looking around i now know that the disc is ceramic.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ceramic disc prduces smaller bubbles - airstones are no good.

Having 2 means you have a spare, you can have one in the tank then you can switch them while you clean the other. Or you may break one.

The ladder produces massive bubbles from the start which slowly get smaller as it travels up the rungs,

in the end both have near enough the same efficiency (90%+)

ceramic disc prduces smaller bubbles - airstones are no good.

Having 2 means you have a spare, you can have one in the tank then you can switch them while you clean the other. Or you may break one.

The ladder produces massive bubbles from the start which slowly get smaller as it travels up the rungs,

in the end both have near enough the same efficiency (90%+)

Roger that, i saw your planted tank, amazing :).

if you have a canister filter you can plug your co2 airline straight into it and it will become a reactor for you as well. other wise you can also put the diffuser under the intake of the filter and it will help circulate your co2 a lot better and i mean a lot better

i have an air stone on mine fight now, with one of the small glass diffusers in the mail...its coming from malaysia of all places lol, oh well for $.99 who cares lol

do you have a drop checker? or a pH controller for your co2?

this the diffuser that i have:
Glass diffuser
i also have their bubble counter and their oracle drop checker

i have an air stone on mine fight now, with one of the small glass diffusers in the mail...its coming from malaysia of all places lol, oh well for $.99 who cares lol

Haha, ordered it off ebay? Mine is coming from hong kong!

I wouldn't be surprized if its smashed..

Anwway i was wondering is it important that i have a check valve?

I know when the reaction with the yeast is finished, will create negative pressure in the bottle, but that will only suck water into the bottle which is used anyway. I can just clean the air line and the bottle out then start again.

Most reactions

Back