Different Diffusers.

Jaymz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, me again. Todays topic is diffusers! I'm not all keen on the current 'ladder' diffuser in my tank, (the one that comes with the JBL Yeast Kit we all know and love) so was looking at getting smaller diffusers for my new tank, and could just do with a bit of advice.

So, can I ask if anyone has any experience/opinions on any of these items?

Infinity Diffuser, looks quite nice to me, cheap, might need two though, but not a problem.

Spiro 5000, looks nice, glass, not that expensive, only need one for my new tank.

Rhinox 2000, similar to Spiro, just looks a bit better if you ask me.

Considering that I'm using a DIY Yeast kit, does anyone think perhaps one would stand out as the best for me to get, I don't know all that much about these things and don't want to buy one that won't work all that well, but nor to get that's huge and obtrusive.

P.S. - Does anyone know of any way I can link two DIY kits to one airline leading to the diffusor? Is that safe or will the pressure not be very good for any joins? I was thinking a T-join to do it, would that work?

Many thanks!

EDIT: After spending the better part of ten minutes figuring out how to fix the links, I figure, could this be better in the DIY and Hardware section? How do I go about moving it?

Any advice is welcome anyway, even if I'm wrong with the placement. :S

if you want it moved, then PM a mod, there is usually one online...

T-piece is fine for joining the 2 together.

It is better to use the infinity diffuser because it requires no pressure for it to doffuse the CO2 in the water whereas the ceramic diffusers require alot (you can even blow through them) so this can cause the bottle to crack or something to split etc. I have used a cermaic beofr with a DIY and it was fine.

Well the Spiro 5000 says it's ok for use with DIY units, and I'm hoping the pressure of having two into one diffuser might make a difference as well, more pressure, hopefully.

Most reactions

Back