Dennerle Co2 Profi 2000 Regulator Is It Working Right ?

newfishkeeper999

Reaction score
just got my self a dennerle profi 2000 regulator off ebay fits my 2kg co2 bottle perfect had a play about with it for about an hour till i figured it out the i turned the co2 off using the tap on the top of the co2 bottle problem is the gauges are still showing 60 bar and 1.5 bar even though the co2 is off is this normall any one got one of these any help please

1 gauge should show you the bottle pressure and the other the output if you have a solnoid it may just bee the back pressure in the pipework/valve body

thanks for the reply ,i havent got the system up and running yet have a few things on shopping list to get first solinoid being one , i was just testing it got it working 30 bps then closed the needle valve and turned the tap on the co2 bottle completly off so the co2 isnt flowing but the guages still read 1.5 bar working presure and 60 bar cylinder presure just wondered if that were normal or is it co2 trapped in the regulator will it settle back to 0 after a few hours

If the CO2 bottle is off then tuen the needle valve on and se if it releases the 1.5bar down to 0. If not I think it has a problem.

As long as your drop checker is showing green and not yellow or blue then dont worry about this 1.5 because you are using the needle valve to control the input.

I have a solenoid for sale for £12 inc shipping (UK only) if you are interested.
I dont use it anymore and run 24/7. It is the Aquarianversand/Lunapet one (German) and will fit inline rather than having to screw into the reg.

Andy

yes when i turn the needle valve on anticlock wise the 1.5 bar goes down to 0 no problem but the other gauge is still showing 60 ?is that normal sorry i just bought a solonoid from the exact shop on ebay thanks for offering

Yes the other one should not change until the bottle starts to empty. This is the cylinder pressure.

The other should move because it is the output pressure. Mine is at 2 permanently. Then I use the needle valve to fine tune this down to the level my tank wants.

I'll give mister-t the good news as he asked if he could be second on the solenoid.

Andy

thanks for the help ive got the hang of it now i thought it was nackered , basicaly whilst the co2 cylyinder was off i opened the needle valve right up this droped the 1.5 bar to 0 but when u ajust the other black knob on top the 1.5 bar goes back up and the cylinder preasure gos down gradually so if both needle and working preasure valves are open the guages go to 0 after the co2 is released at about 200 bubbles per second lol till the gauges both show 0 there must be alot of co2 in the gauges even when the co2 is turned off .all i need to do now is loads of reading on here about co2 ive got all the hardware ready to go :rolleyes: need to know if my fish are suitable for a planted tank :blink:

Most reactions

Back