Deleted

looking good already. similar to one I set up in feb

your live rock should be the filtration with good flow from powerheads

is it just me or does your filter media look like an assortment of nuts :lol:

Liverock as said is your filtration.

Although canister filters is a good place to run Phosphate remover(rowaphos, phosban etc) and Activated Carbon - specially as you don't have a sump.

And so your journey begins......... woo hoo :kana:

So is it water today, salted and brought up to temp and left for at least 24 hrs? When is the rock coming?

Seffie x

That looks nice :good:

I take it your water was already salted and up to temp? Can I ask, why did you put the rock and sand in before the water?

Seffie x

Could you get a couple of pics up of the lighting fittings, it would be intresting to see how you've done things.

Regarding the skimmer, i use the black sponge that came with the skimmer, didnt yours? it has a hole down the middle, and is cylindrical, i block the end of it with more black sponge, this seems to stop most of the bubbles, i have a few, but in can live with that.

I light my tank for 10 hours, 8 should be fine, minimise algae at this point, you may have to increase if you add corals.

Adam

its difficult to say how long a ccycle will be - lets see what the readings are in another 24 hrs and that will give us a better idea :good:

You need to be thinking about:
snails to turn the sand over
snails to eat algae etc off the rocks and glass
hermits - which sort do you fancy?
Shrimps - but not yet, tank needs to be more stable, so should be the last inverts you put in
Conch - again not yet, not enough food

I would put in there after the cycle:

10 Nas vibex or Dove
2 Halloween hermits
2 mexican turbos
2 giant ceriths

Seffie x

Yes Mike, still ok, be paitent :p it will happen, the ammonia and nitrite will disappear and the nitrate will spike

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back