Dead Animal Found In Pond

MrNiceGuy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just discovered a pretty large animal floating in a small pond that I built in my backyard. Its about midnight and while drunkenly smoking a cigarette by my pond, I noticed an animal floating at the surface :blink: . The area around my pond is pretty dark right now, so I can't make out exactly what it is... but I'd say it's probably around the size of either a skunk, possum, or maybe even a raccoon :crazy: . My pond is only about 120 gallons and I"m afraid that a dead animal might quickly foul the water. I'd rather not deal with this animal right now though because its late, I'm drunk, and its too dark to really see anything right now. So here is my question.

Do you think my goldfish will survive the night while I sleep, or should I deal with this dead animal immediately? and secondly, how should I get this thing out of my pond?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I just discovered a pretty large animal floating in a small pond that I built in my backyard. Its about midnight and while drunkenly smoking a cigarette by my pond, I noticed an animal floating at the surface :blink: . The area around my pond is pretty dark right now, so I can't make out exactly what it is... but I'd say it's probably around the size of either a skunk, possum, or maybe even a raccoon :crazy: . My pond is only about 120 gallons and I"m afraid that a dead animal might quickly foul the water. I'd rather not deal with this animal right now though because its late, I'm drunk, and its too dark to really see anything right now. So here is my question.

Do you think my goldfish will survive the night while I sleep, or should I deal with this dead animal immediately? and secondly, how should I get this thing out of my pond?

Use a stick or something to pull it towards the edge of the pond and take it out of the water. It will spread disease if left too long.

You might have discovered a chupacabra too... LOL

Use a stick or something to pull it towards the edge of the pond and take it out of the water. It will spread disease if left too long.

lol it turned out to be a raccoon. I used a shovel to scoop it out this morning and i buried it in the corner of my backyard. Thanks for the reply :good:

lol it turned out to be a raccoon. I used a shovel to scoop it out this morning and i buried it in the corner of my backyard. Thanks for the reply :good:
Lol shoveled raccoon. I think that critter wanted a taste of your goldfish. They eat anything they find including garbage.

Most reactions

Back