Day Time Pleco

Ross'i

Reaction score
Hi another pleco question for your fine minds :)

What would be the best pleco to go for if you wanted it to be active during the day and not be particually shy when it comes to people the one i have brought only comes out to play in the dark as soon as its day light or i put the lights on for the plants he runs off and hides in the corner under my pump lol

i need to post a pic and get him id'd actually cos hes not what his ticket said in my lfs :crazy:

Well, problem is that most are nocturnal. Some of the large ones are less shy. What size is your tank and what other fish do you keep in the tank?

if you have a small tank i would go for a b/n their active at all hours of the day

Well, problem is that most are nocturnal. Some of the large ones are less shy. What size is your tank and what other fish do you keep in the tank?

Its a 90l tank with a few danios 1 spotted pleco and the gf wants some cherry barbs soon lol

As Bloo said, most Plecs are nocturnal so you may struggle to find one that comes out in the day.
If you can get a couple of good pics of your Plec, then we may be able to ID him for you. :good:

As Bloo said, most Plecs are nocturnal so you may struggle to find one that comes out in the day.
If you can get a couple of good pics of your Plec, then we may be able to ID him for you. :good:

Its funny in the shop they seem to be a little more active i guess he will take a while to settle in and algy levels are still building so when theres more he might come out to eat a bit more during the day too... ive moved a plant pot over in to the darker corner of the tank under the pump wich is the area he likes during the day so he can have a litle more darkness during daylight hours.

Even if he is nocturnal i still love him, have named him oscar, after oscar the grouch from sessame street :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back