D.e.w Guinea Pig Babys

chesterscot

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Well as some of you know I love guinea pigs as well as birds and fish :D

I keep nine types mostly longhaired breeds......... however,after visiting my friend ( who has bred pedigree guineas for years ) showed me her showwinning DEW pigs i fell in love. DEW pigs are a rarebreed smooth coated breed, they are pure white, but with dark eyes( some are put off white guinea pigs because they are
generally red eyed). hence the name D.E.W. pigs.....( it means dark eyed white).

So anyway......the day we decided to ask our friend to reserve us some DEW pigs, we had a telephone call from her explaining that due to personal reasons she hadnt the time anymore to look after her guineas,and cos she'd seen our shed and set up and knew we had the room,she asked if there was anything in her shed we would be interested in...and we ended up negotiating a price for her twice winning( first show 1st, the next second) DEW boar called sandy.....i dont think ive ever seen such a perfect looking piggy!! then we also chose a sow that had won the first and only show ( so far!) she's been to

we also thought at the time that we'd like to establish a line of our own DEW pigs, so we went for broke and bought the other two DEW breeding sows we'd seen....AND THREE DAYS AGO......we had a gorgeous litter of four perfect babies born to fizz,( she was paired with sandy) and here they are....the first day they were born.what a success!! :good: :look:

i almost missed the happy event, but when i was feeding them, i noticed fizz wasnt out squeaking for her veg like normal, so i lifted up her pigloo (not a spelling mistake you can actually buy them :hey: :hey: think mini igloo and you're there)and there she was with four little cuties! :* we havent actually thought yet whether there will be the same demand for the DEW pigs as our established lines of longhaired guineas.....will keep u all posted if ya like! so without further ado.......here they are any name suggestions? :D :D

dewbabys003.jpg

and in this snap........here's fizz and the show winning sow i mentioned earlier shes matilda lol B-) this is what they grow into......

dewbabys010.jpg

so what do ya all think.....are they as adorable as the long haired breeds?...........i'll let you all judge for yourselves...........

if we have some interest,we'll continue the thread and update as they grow.....in the next post we shall know which are boys or girls.

andrew (chesters better half lol)

OMG So cute! I'll send you some bettas if you send me a baby! Lol I think the short-haired ones are cuter then the long-haired.

Me wants now. NAME ONE PANTHERA!!!! :D

Oh Andrew, you little devil :devil: more piggys, how did you manage to get those past 'him in doors' mind you, he probably didnt put up much of a struggle :p

My first piggy was a DEW (not a show winner though!) I loved him so much, my Mr Pig (original I know!) never had a pig like him since (mind you havent kept pigs for years) but many a pig came and went over the years, never any that were a match for him though, yes they were more beautiful but none that held my heart like he did! Really looking forward to seeing them grow :good:

Will you get Martin to show us the new baby lilac in the last litter pretty please

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back