Cycle tank with microbe lift filter gel

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jenny32

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have setup a roma 90 tank and had decided to try fluval cycle enhancer to speed up cycle process. Went to local fishkeeper and they didnt have it and talked me round using microbe lift filter gel instead. Saying it takes 3 days and no need to add ammonia as the gel does it all and tank will be ready for fish in 72 hours. Afterwards I had a look on the internet and there is very little about the product online. Just wondered if anyone else has tried this and how they found it? Is micobe lift a decent product?
Thanks!

Hi Jenny, Let nature take over, additives are rarely beneficial - mature the tank without fish for about eight weeks, if you don’t want problems in the future the biological filter needs time to establish for good water quality. Invest in some research before adding any fish.

Thanks, I decided to try fluval cycle, totally agree natural is best, but have impatient kids! But I will not add any fish until I am sure the filter has been established properly. Day 4 I have 0.25 ammonia and 0 Nitrites. The thing that is troubling me most is my tap water done several tests for KH and it is coming up with 1DH or even less than 1 with the test I done tonight. GH has been consistently at 2DH. Just seems awful low?

Most reactions

Back