cucumber

b.c.f.c

Fishaholic
Reaction score
well i have tried cucumber in my tank for the first time yesterday and the fish loved it (well the ones that could get to it)u see i couldnt get it to sink and that was the whole idea for my cat fish and kulis and rainbow shark to have most of it but they ended up haveing non. so my question is how do u get it to sink?(i know its a stupid question)but any suggestions would be great. :D

You can get a 'screwcumber' thingy, you put the cucumber on and it has a sucker on it to stick it to the glass.

yea it might be good but the only place i can get one is ebay and altogether costs £7!!!! but anyway i gave my fish peas for the first time the other day and they went mad for them lol

If you zap the cucumber for twenty seconds in the microwave, this will soften the flesh a little and make it sink. Be sure it has fully cooled before adding to the tank tho!

Try a cucumber clip from your local fish store. It is a clip with a clear sucker on the side.

Or if you want the cheaper option try the lead way that scott suggested. I use that method in my fish house.

Another type of food you might like to try that plecs like is potato. Cut a thin slice and get it to sink using the above methods. The suckers will go daft for it!

I personally would not go for zapping the cucumber in the microwave as it breaks down quick enough as it is, without helping it to disintergrate. :no:

Most reactions

Back