Cucumber!

m00ms

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi all,

in my 120 lt tank ive been giving a weekly cucumber treat (if i rember to buy some) all my fish enjoy a good nibble esp my 2 bristle nose cats but my L141/L215 pleco hasent even gone near it until today.

now thats hes found it and found thats its good hes munching like either the worlds going to end or hes just making up for lost times!!

has anyone else a similar tale to tell?

Mine didn't really go for cucumber when I tried it. They love peas though!

I think I need to vary their veg. Are carrots ok?

Most vegs short of peppers would be fine, from what I've heard. But double-check to be sure.

Even peppers might be ok. iirc fish don't react to capsaicin (the stuff that makes peppers spicy) the same way humans and mammals do. Just speculating though.

blanched potato
also blanched cabbage
strawberries they love it
melon but don't leave any of
in the tank over night

i havent tried courgette yet but will do one day,i tried carrot the other week and all swam to it,gave it a lick then swam off in disgust, take it they didnt like it then!!

im confued peas!! how do you serve them up then? also found that with cucmber they prefer it a couple days after buying it rather than fresh fresh.

i havent tried courgette yet but will do one day,i tried carrot the other week and all swam to it,gave it a lick then swam off in disgust, take it they didnt like it then!!

im confued peas!! how do you serve them up then? also found that with cucmber they prefer it a couple days after buying it rather than fresh fresh.

you need to de shell peas and carrot needs
to be blanched like tattie till its softer

did learn the hard way about leaving cucmber in too long when i came home to find my external strugling to pump cucumber and my tank looking as if a bomb had gone off inside!! didnt learn as i did it again shortly after!! think its safe to say ive now learnt that one.

i shall have to try blanching the carrot as i have a rock with string and elastic band that i weight cucmber down with that i just peeled and cut carrot into long strip for them.

still confused about peas thou,how to weight them down?

did learn the hard way about leaving cucmber in too long when i came home to find my external strugling to pump cucumber and my tank looking as if a bomb had gone off inside!! didnt learn as i did it again shortly after!! think its safe to say ive now learnt that one.

i shall have to try blanching the carrot as i have a rock with string and elastic band that i weight cucmber down with that i just peeled and cut carrot into long strip for them.

still confused about peas thou,how to weight them down?

when you de shell them they sink

argh i see now,thanks i shall give that a go for them in the week.

I chop mine up really finely then just give them a pinch as I would flakes. I also boil them with half a clove of garlic for their immune systems.

Most reactions

Back