Cuban Delight

they both look great :hyper: :good:

love em mate, well done on both tanks! :good:

Thanks guys, can't wait for the lily pipes now, had my first flood, out take hose came off the hydor and flooded me out today but luckily I was staring at the tank at the time lol.

May have to add the other 6 pots of HC to both tanks as no one seems to want it and I don't want it wasted.

Also adding the Anubias Petite today, will grow much quicker here than the propagator.

Thanks again for that Ian, rescued one after the dog ate them. :)

Looking really nice mate :good:

I really like the wood in the 60, it doesn't look like one piece. I hope the lawn works for you, will look great!

Great tanks, love the way you've shaped the substrate in the 60. And another cracking journal to follow :good:

Cheers guys, after first day ammonia test of 1.2mg/l today I'm down to 0.4mg/l so setting up the filter on a different tank first was well worth it.

More HC in now as no one wanted to buy it and I didn't wanna waste it and the petite anubias went in last night too.

Some more pics when I get my decent camera charged.

Lily pipes turned up today :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: will be fitting them today and checking out some stock for the 35 as it only has a Pygmy Cory and Shrimp atm.

All looking healthy so far, got a bit of the famous white goo on the wood which I'll clean off later, got the good camera out so I'll throw up some decent pics later.

Another update, sorry its so pic heavy but I couldn't help it I'm enjoying this scape so much, the lily pipes look so much better than the black plastic rubbish these Hydor's come with. All I need now is an inline heater. I'm slightly worried about the Staurogyne in the front left corner that it may not get enough light, but then app its a low light plant, what do you think?

I'm also wondering if its gonna melt a bit if it was grown immersed?

Ammonia is dropping nicely every day now too so as soon as its at zero the Rasbora and Shrimp will be in.

Here's a pic of the beautiful Anubias Petite from Ian.
SDCard384.jpg

Shot of the new lily pipes, from above and FTS, you can also see the extra HC I put in.
SDCard373.jpg

SDCard371.jpg

SDCard376.jpg

SDCard374.jpg

SDCard381.jpg

SDCard386.jpg

SDCard378.jpg

SDCard370.jpg

Now the 35 has cleared here's the FTS, P. Helferi, HC, the rock I love and the Pygmy.
SDCard368.jpg

SDCard367.jpg

SDCard363.jpg

SDCard364.jpg

SDCard366.jpg

Wow, you've achieved two superb tanks in such a short space of time. Very well planned out, super choice of plants and well... I'm jealous :good: :crazy:

looking really good Steve! Very impressive.

Is that an SAE?

SAE? Siamese Algae Eater? Lol I'm not good with abbreviations, all I know is its a Pygmy Cory. :look: I had 5 but over the years the other died, shame as they shoaled nicely, what you reckon about the Staurogyne in the front left? Think it will be ok?

Thanks Ferg, jealous lol your tanks looking great, I love those Angels too. :good:

LOL, sorry, it looks like a small SAE!

The Staurogyne may melt, keep an eye on it and trim as needed. :good:

Cool, will do mate, anyone know how long Colombo Florabase leeches ammonia?

It's about a week Steve, if the waters done everyday. I stocked straight away with it though, a mature filter and planted, you shouldn't have a problem.

Cool, well I bought some celestial pearl danio today for the 35 and some filter wool to slow the filter in the 35, bit to much for little fish really but I'll see how they get on in there then the mosquito rasbora will be going in the 60 prob next week. :) maybe Friday as the missus c section is Monday. :)

Most reactions

Back