Ct/hm Mix Gave Me This

Pretty fish. I know that the red wash is "not desireable" on the show circuit but, I Love it. I really like his colors.

well ive waited and waited to see what he turns into and now im in disgust with mother nature, how dare she play around with my genetical bits :lol: :lol: ive got a pic of his sibling somewhere on this darn laptop

a while back, i put a thread up asking peoples opinions on geting some "VT recognition" in shows again. and after i put up the thread, i tried to draw a "model" VT, but i just couldnt get it right. but THAT fish you have produced is near as damn exactly how i imagined a "show qualoty" VT would look, mabey with a slightly longer tail though

a while back, i put a thread up asking peoples opinions on geting some "VT recognition" in shows again. and after i put up the thread, i tried to draw a "model" VT, but i just couldnt get it right. but THAT fish you have produced is near as damn exactly how i imagined a "show qualoty" VT would look, mabey with a slightly longer tail though
he's only 3 months old and vt tails take a long time to develope, he may well have some combing coming through but i seriously doubt it, i just gotta wait a little longer to see what happens

well ive waited and waited to see what he turns into and now im in disgust with mother nature, how dare she play around with my genetical bits :lol: :lol: ive got a pic of his sibling somewhere on this darn laptop

I'm i the only one that picked up on this :blush:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm i the only one that picked up on this :blush:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seems like it :hyper: it made me laugh for ages just typing it

ok ive gone through my bettas sorting them out and im left with these extras who are the siblings of the boy on the original post, the first one is kanuva, dusky new boy from me

again a vt, the biggest of all of them

and then comes the females, first is the combtail

and then the 1 vt girl who has slight ct showing

and then finally this little fellow who i'm keeping as he is turning into a cthmpk, he is the runt of the fry measuring only 1.5" at the most, was gunna put him on ebay until a saw exactly what he was, called him "Aquadorsal"

overall, from the hm x ct spawn, the vt gene has led the way, followed by the ct coming out in all female on way or another and finally as proof that the pk gene can hit and miss generations and appear at any time ive now got my pk which will develope into a hm and his ct is just starting to grow.

to add to this the father was a HM and the mother was a CT, the boys carry more genetics of the father and the girls a mixture of both parents, but the pk couldve come from the mother's history,,,,,which i will never know, ive waited a while for this conclusion and never expected such a variety of fry in one spawning, i've only had 3 spawns survive in the past 4 months ish, 1 lot was 4 white/blue hmpk and were split between ibble and dusky and then this lot and also a much younger hm lot.

ahh shame, but he is a lovely boy.

ct/hm can throw out some anomolies sometimes.

modaz, you got any females suitable for wonderlust

Most reactions

Back