TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Tropical Fish Forums'
September Pet
of the Month Contest

We had 6 awesome pets entered in this month's POTM contest. But only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Crunchycrouton
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's their winning European Starling
img_1579-jpeg.349790
This is Remi. He is a European starling, invasive in the United States. I was picking a flower when I heard screaming to my right. When I looked over I saw Remi on the ground, mouth open expecting food. When I found him his eyes weren’t even open yet. I called wildlife rehabs but none would take him because he is invasive. Everyone told me that he would die but I knew he wouldn’t. I raised him from the time he was around 5-7 days old all the way to where he is now, just turned a year old. I have done much research since the moment I found him and I have been able to learn so much about starlings. He is already starting to speak, he can say his name, Remi, and hello. He loves taking baths, he gets water everywhere and when he first learned to fly he would try to take baths in my aquariums and I quickly had to shut that habit down, but he would find anyway to have a bath no matter what, now he always has access to two baths. He has the most personality out of any bird I’ve owned. People who see him now call him a “wild bird” but he is far from it. He follows me everywhere in my room and he is almost constantly on my shoulder or my head. He gets excited when I walk into the room, or let him out of his cage to fly and even just sit on my shoulder or play with the keys of my computer while I do work.

Additional photos of when he was a baby and one that I find funny, starlings open their beaks to try to open and look at things and move things out of the way. In this case, it was my camera lenses.

Last edited:
Congrats to @Crunchycrouton for the win with your awesome European Starling named Remi. I really liked the picture and the story that your wrote about your pet birdie. Your little birdie probably looks at you like its mother seeing that you rescued it when he was so tiny.

We had a tie for 2nd place. @Back in the fold entered a cool looking little kitty named Tralfaz. Nice writeup too.
@CassCats entered her Kenyan Sand Boa named mitten. What an awesome snake and story.

Right now we are accepting entries for our October Tank of the Month contest. If you have a 17 to 30 US gallon aquarium, we hope you enter the contest.
CLICK HERE to be teleported to the TOTM entry thread.

Last edited:
Congrats! It was really hard for me to vote for a winner, they were all so awesome

Most reactions

Back