Cross bred?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thugsbunny29

Reaction score
:dunno: i know people might think this is a dumb question, but then again it may not be... is it possible 2 breed two different types of mollies. like a goldust mollie and a black mollie? or a sailfin molly and a gold mollie? any combinations of mollies.

Not only can you. But alot of mollies are cross breed to get new strains. Balloon Bellies are one of these. There are many more.

I have a bunch of mollies, all types (except balloon, don't like them)...
If you want to have some pretty mollies, get the nicest sail fin, bid high fin, and the nicest lyre tail, with a wide tail, brred those 2, man makes a beautiful fish...
not all will be a cross, out of 60 fry 4 or 5 have came out being both, sail fin lyre tail... good luck

thanks for the tips and answers. ima try n make the sailfin and lyretail mollies. if they come out lookin real good, ima post em on the site. :alien:

:) Yes, you can breed any types of mollies together.

I've breed my female balloon molly with my male dalmatian molly and their fry are gorgeous! :wub:

a female balloon and male dalmation? must of been pretty nice fish. i should try that one day. ima try a bunch of combinations now. like a black mollie and a balloon mollie or somthing like that. but first ima try the lyre tail and sail fin & the dalmation and balloon mollie.

Yes, a female balloon molly with a male dalmatian molly. :nod: Three of the fry have a balloon belly and the last one doesn't but it's coloring is orange with black spots.

:) Right now, I'm breeding a male dalmatian sailfin molly with my female marble mollies. Actually, he loves all of the females and decided to breed with the marble mollies himself! :hey:

Most reactions

Back