Crap, why do I always do this?

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
I'm going to a betta show this weekend, and am probably going to see (and buy) some gorgeous fish, so what do I do? I buy a Walmart veiltail.

I was supposed to be buying shampoo, but I always go by the fish section just to look and I saw the cutest rosey-looking boy with an irridescent sheen... I've never seen one like him, and I tried to resist, but he just had the cuuutest little face :wub:. No telling how long he has been sitting on the shelves, since he's probably what a lot of people would consider "ugly"... anyway, he's in my 10 gallon until I get back from the betta show and figure out how I want to arrange everyone. I also complained about the conditions while I was there, since there was an employee in the fish section for once. He promised he'd change the bettas' water, so we'll see :sly:

Pictures don't do him justice!!
DSCN7600.jpg

DSCN7598.jpg

How could I resist that face?? :wub:
DSCN7594.jpg

:lol:
But in your defense, who would resist such a beautiful boy? :p
He is really cute though :wub: I love color

SO CUTE! :wub: Feel guilty if you want, but I certainly don't blame you for being unable to resist that little guy! What an unusual (and adorable) little veil! I doubt you'll ever find another one like that again at a Walmart <3 You know how it is with bettas! You get one... then since you have one you might as well have two... then since you have two you might as well have four... And then you wake up one morning with over a dozen happy little fish :lol: Enjoy him, he sure is cute!

mybabieshavefins said:
You know how it is with bettas! You get one... then since you have one you might as well have two... then since you have two you might as well have four... And then you wake up one morning with over a dozen happy little fish :lol: Enjoy him, he sure is cute!
That is so incredibly true. You know how I justified this to myself? "Well, I'm probably going to buy like 5 of them at least at the show, so what's one more?" :lol:
Also "He's ugly, no one else will want him!" Even though I think he's beautiful. He looks like a flower petal

This is my 23rd happy little betta :S
I feel myself fast approaching the 30 mark.

He's ugly looking to a lot of people??? The colors look stunning to me :look: His face is a cuty too :D

It is an illness that you will NEVER be cured of. A very GOOD illness.
He's gorgeous.

I would name him Pegasus if he were mine. :wub:

Synirr said:
mybabieshavefins said:
You know how it is with bettas! You get one... then since you have one you might as well have two... then since you have two you might as well have four... And then you wake up one morning with over a dozen happy little fish :lol: Enjoy him, he sure is cute!
That is so incredibly true. You know how I justified this to myself? "Well, I'm probably going to buy like 5 of them at least at the show, so what's one more?" :lol:
Also "He's ugly, no one else will want him!" Even though I think he's beautiful. He looks like a flower petal

This is my 23rd happy little betta :S
I'm truely curious now...is his coloration really considered ugly? I mean, I've never been to a betta show, but he looks as pretty as the photos of pure bred bettas, where as most Walmart fish I've seen have dull, solid colorations (Not all of course.)

This is my 23rd happy little betta

Wooooooooooow!!! You're so lucky! I only just got my first two a couple weeks ago and I'm buying a third >_< That's how it is with bettas though! What's one more? And you're going to be getting at least five at the show? Heehee, I can only imagine what it must be like on tank cleaning day in your house~ As far as people finding him "ugly" I guess the typical betta-in-a-cup buyer wants a fish with strong colors, but I agree with you 100%! That boy is beautiful. Now you'll have to name him~!

dont even get me started on "ugly" bettas, lol. My Dory is now a dark blue with some red, and a crowntail, no less! Ugly my foot! Oh well, people like you who rescue these guys should be considered betta saints. Congrats on your newbie, GORGEOUS boy.

Edit: Awww, he has claimed the corner by the heater and is guarding it from the platies, lol! :wub:

Like I said, I think he's gorgeous (and I'm glad you guys agree ^_^)... but it seems like your average person is looking for the brightest colours they can find in a betta, which is why I think a lot of people wouldn't like this guy... one of my friends has already said she thinks he's ugly :lol:

mybabieshavefins: You don't even want to know about water-change day :lol:
I just go into autodrive and can get all the betta bowls that need 100% water changes done in about an hour to an hour and a half. I used to hate it, but now I'm so deeply into the hobby that I almost enjoy it :look:. It's not that bad at all. I clean the 6 bigger thanks that only get partial water changes on a different day than the betta bowls so I don't go completely nuts.

mybabieshavefins: You don't even want to know about water-change day
I just go into autodrive and can get all the betta bowls that need 100% water changes done in about an hour to an hour and a half. I used to hate it, but now I'm so deeply into the hobby that I almost enjoy it . It's not that bad at all. I clean the 6 bigger thanks that only get partial water changes on a different day than the betta bowls so I don't go completely nuts.

Wee, that must be one crazy overdrive you get into if you can manage to change so many tanks in such a short time. I personally don't understand the gripe about water changing myself. My Dad just came to visit and met my fish for the first time last week. I set about changing the water and he looked at me like I was nuts and commented "But the water isn't even green yet!" :lol: I enjoy cleaning tanks! My fish look so happy when they get fresh water! I tend to give them a nice clean every three days or so, just because happy fish means happy me!

I clean my betta tanks whenever I get the urge, which is usually about once every 5 days :)
The bigger tanks get cleaned whenever oscar poo starts looking ugly on the bottom of the 80 gallon, which is at least once a week... my big fella poos a LOT :rofl:

wow, he's GORGEOUS :drool:.. His fins are all glittery and shimmery... :wub: it looks like he'll fit into your Betta gang perfectly! what are you going to name the new boy?

Most reactions

Back