Counted My First Spawn..

Oh wow well done on counting them. You just have to love the cute little blobs ay, not to long now and things start to get really exciting

Thanks

Devon - Is there a timeline of growth anywhere? They are three weeks now, when do they start to colour up etc? I bred DT/SD and on some of the babies they have double tails, its so sweet.

Sure you know already but at this time they fry should be takeing their first breath of air, if this is chilled at all it can kill them to make sure the top is covered well and keped warm.

How ever would love to see some pics and good luck :)

I read all about breeding them, and I found a really good website, however I have managed to delete it!! doh. They are covered up. and in the warmist room in the house.

Growth chart

My fry always seem to be a week or two behind this in terms of growth, so if yours aren't growing this quickly don't worry about it. The appearance of color depends... the iridescent/metallic colors (turquoise, blue, copper, etc.) show up pretty early- you may have to shine a light on them or take a flash photo to really see it though. Red shows up fairly early too, but black seems to take forever, which is unfortunate because the blues don't show that brightly until there is black underneath.

Some of my current juveniles are DTs. The parents are both ST and I didn't know they carried DT so at first I thought the little ones were just getting their tails nipped! :huh:

Good luck with your babies!

Most reactions

Back