Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Any Thoughts - I have it spare in the Garage

Dimension 40x20x31.3cm
Total volume of 19litres
Useful volume 15litres
Glass 3mm
Weight 5.3kg
Equipment included gravel, plants, net, filter 300l/h, lighting (10W - 12V.)
7dfca395.jpg

Standard Hex
ff8a6877.jpg

Or This
Triangular Tank
tankshape.jpg

You should use the biggest one you have. If you have a 10 gallon or up you could use that if you wanted fish. I dont like to keep fish in tanks under 10 gallons myself.

AQUAKING

You should use the biggest one you have. If you have a 10 gallon or up you could use that if you wanted fish. I dont like to keep fish in tanks under 10 gallons myself.

AQUAKING

I am Thinking Of Shrimp+ Snails or A Seahorse - Captive bred an feeding on Mysis and other foods.
The Seahorses are 25 Each.

I don't see any problem with it. I would probably stick with pigmy seahorses though.

I dont mind keepng bettas in smaller tanks because they can breath partly, directly from the air. Its just tanks bellow 10 gallons seem to small and they have no where to go. Its just a personal preference, you can keep fish tanks bellow 10 gallons, but smaller tanks meen more work on your behalf and usualy unhappy fish. Seahorses are fun to watch and breed, but a pain to feed.

thanks

AQUAKING

I dont mind keepng bettas in smaller tanks because they can breath partly, directly from the air. Its just tanks bellow 10 gallons seem to small and they have no where to go. Its just a personal preference, you can keep fish tanks bellow 10 gallons, but smaller tanks meen more work on your behalf and usualy unhappy fish. Seahorses are fun to watch and breed, but a pain to feed.

thanks

AQUAKING

Thanks for the info AK.

I went to the Larger LFS not too far from me and what a suprise.
Brand spanking new walls of Brackish SetUps.
Alot easier to maintain and Cheaper.
They Have these Lovely Long Pipefish that I could House with Bumblee Gobies and Other Gobies along with Cories.
So its Brackish tank now - I'll try Brackish for a while to see how I get On.
The Indian almond Leaves My Dad is getting me from India will help.
The LFS are gonna Give me enough Brackish Water to start off with and all the Chems an Stuff.

I think I will Use the Triangle Tank as I can Neatly have that next to my Monitor and the Fish Will Look Lovely.

Thanks for the Info Guys, Helped My decision.

Just need to prep the Tank and Add Some More BlackSand.
Need Some Java Ferns and Brackish Plants.

Gill

corydoras in brackish? would not do that personally. :S corydoras are very sensative to salt!

just my 32p

as for the plants :D
anubis, cobomba, hornwort, pygmy chain sword, hairgrass, fox tails, giant valis and the banana plant (great water lilly type feature plant) all do extemely well in brackish :D hope it helps. ohh and dont forget java moss :D gotta love it :)

DG

corydoras in brackish? would not do that personally. :S corydoras are very sensative to salt!

just my 32p

as for the plants :D
anubis, cobomba, hornwort, pygmy chain sword, hairgrass, fox tails, giant valis and the banana plant (great water lilly type feature plant) all do extemely well in brackish :D hope it helps. ohh and dont forget java moss :D gotta love it :)

DG

The LFS has go skunks ans Adolfi in ther Brackish Tanks.

Orderd most of the plants in the Pinned Topic from Ebay as LFS prices way toooo Much.

Will Start a Log in Brackish Section.

Are you sure they are corys, I have never heard of corys in brackish water. Brackish can be just as fun as marine. Pipe fish are great, if they are home bread, they dont have the stress of transport or the jump from the open ocean to the box fish tank. If they are raised in captivity then they are also alot eayser to feed.

Good luck

AQUAKING

Are you sure they are corys, I have never heard of corys in brackish water. Brackish can be just as fun as marine. Pipe fish are great, if they are home bread, they dont have the stress of transport or the jump from the open ocean to the box fish tank. If they are raised in captivity then they are also alot eayser to feed.

Good luck

AQUAKING

Thanks

Yep there Cories - Dont forget them - And yes Adolfi Corys. I'll Get some Pix and post in hte log once I start it.

Most reactions

Back