Could I Add This Light Unit?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MissG55

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a Percula 90 and am currently running a 150 watt 13000 kelvin Ocean light Metal Halide Lighting unit. It is hanging at distance of 11" from the water surface.
I have been looking around at some of your wonderful tanks and would like to add a marine blue actinic light to improve the colour of my corals and the tank iteslf!
Because of hanging my MH from a support bracket over the tank there is not a lot of room at the front but i think i would be able to fit a DIY light. Just after expert opinions really.

I have been looking at the arcadia T5 starter units and am planning on fixing it to a home made 'something', which will be waterproofed of course and rested/secured at the front of the tank along with a reflector.
I have added a lnk to what i have been looking at. I think the 39w would fit. Sorry i can not add a photo on here showing the space at the front of the tank for some reason!
Would this be possible or would it be a waste of money?

Arcadia unit

If you havent got any actinic light in the tank you will be nicely surprised at the effect it has - the arcadia is as good any remote ballest lighting, I say go for it

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back