Cotton Rope In Aquarium

matt_99

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all...

had a bit of an idea earlier with teh tank... we want to get some more plastic foliage in the tank, but dont want to ahve to spend a fortune doing it... ive found some loose stuff thats reasonably priced, but hasnt got a base etc.. and i dont want to plant it really.. want to hang it from the top as a wall of greenery to hide in on the back face of the tank.

Best way i can think of doing it is course grade nylon fishing line to hang from the hood, but then use clean green cotton rope to make a mesh, then wind the ivy style foliaghe lengths between.

Main question is, will the cotton be safe.. will it rot? Will the dye cause problem?

Any other suggestions of cost effective ways of doing it... the bits we want are about £15 in the LFS and we'd need about 5 to get the same effect... not something im willing to spend!

thanks

Matt and Belinda

thats cracking... i think im gona get some 1" diameter stuff and tie a loose mesh with it then get some plastic ivy trimming to put through it... hopefully be perfect place for algae to gather and shrimps etc to hide.

yeah in my snakehead tank instead of burying the plants i tie it to the top support bar with fishing line, and yes cotton will be ok,id imagine after time it might get weak but not sure on that

Most reactions

Back