corys, plecs and dwarf cichlids

miggi

Reaction score
i currently have 2 corys, and hope to get 2 pairs of red breasted flag cichlid at some point in the new year. Will the corys be ok with them? - and its a 4ft tank so i was thinking that i'd need a couple of algae eaters - i love plecs but wasnt sure if they would upset the corys or the cichlids - Dont want a war in my tank lol!
What sort of numbers of corys/plecs is ideal for a 4 footer? I do use cat fish food too. Oh and the two corys are full grown, would they be ok with younger corys?
Thanks for any answers
xoxox
Miggi

i currently have 2 corys, and hope to get 2 pairs of red breasted flag cichlid at some point in the new year. Will the corys be ok with them? - and its a 4ft tank so i was thinking that i'd need a couple of algae eaters - i love plecs but wasnt sure if they would upset the corys or the cichlids - Dont want a war in my tank lol!
Assuming it's NOT going to be a COMMON pleco, they should get along well togather.

What sort of numbers of corys/plecs is ideal for a 4 footer? I do use cat fish food too. Oh and the two corys are full grown, would they be ok with younger corys?
The number depends on how many other fish you have in your tank. For a 4 ft tank with just a few fish, I would get at 6-8 corys and 1 or 2 bristle nose pleco. This should give you enough room to add couple of red breasted flag cichlid.

Cory doesn't bother any fish, even fry, unless it's just hatched, and is too young to swim freely. Chances are, younger ones will follow the older ones around. But do get more corys... at least 3 more. Try to get the same species of cory though.

Wow, you could have a lot of red breasted flag cichlids in that tank! (Laetecara curviceps, right?) These are a very peaceful species of cichlids getting around 3 inches, and they would be fine with cories or plecs :D

Most reactions

Back