Corys Laying Eggs

endlers rule

Reaction score
Hi there, I`m new ! whoop whoop my peppered Cory`s have layed eggs today!! Its a community tank though, do you think they will survive ?
I dont really want to breed them but would be nice to have a few babies! shall i just leave it to chance?

I view fish being happy enough to breed as the pinnacle of fish keeping, you must be simulating their natural conditions well. Have not quite achieved it with my cory's but i think its just because they are not yet fully matured.

I view fish being happy enough to breed as the pinnacle of fish keeping, you must be simulating their natural conditions well. Have not quite achieved it with my cory's but i think its just because they are not yet fully matured.

I put mine in my fry tank, and unexpectedly they bred... then the fry just kept picking at the eggs, then the corys themselfs ate them... so if they do survive, you got lucky :)

Thanks Tuxyu3, It made me a very happy bunny to know they are happy! I must be doing something right! I`m new to fish keeping but have done alot of research and try to keep all of the fish tank gang happy, I think the mixture of slate caves, real plants and a mixture of gravels which they can dig about in has done the trick! I have 4 corries and they never hide or even sit still, I have the filter on a strong flow and the little endlers and cherry barbs love playing in the flow at the back! makes me laugh because its like they are having a competition. Obviously the eggs got gobbled up :( but since then the other female has layed somemore! so satisfying. can also see signs of sweet loving between the cherries.

Hi there, I`m new ! whoop whoop my peppered Cory`s have layed eggs today!! Its a community tank though, do you think they will survive ?
I dont really want to breed them but would be nice to have a few babies! shall i just leave it to chance?

It is possible for them to survive if left in the community tank if you have lots of hiding spots..... I currently have 4 cory fry that survived and they appear to be about 2 months old now judging by their size.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back