corys got bellies

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi

i got 3 corys upstairs 1 pepper 1 albino and 1 bronze. my bronze and albino have a bumpy tummy underneath. Just wondered if they are ready to lay eggs?

As they don't seem to move around much apart from feeding time.

Is this normal?

i have the bumpy tummy with 1 or 2 and the one who i think is a male doesnt have it, males are smaller than females and hes my smallest

My pepered female has the same (no problem) most females are fatter.

Look, I don't think there pregnant mine wasn't corys also only breed in the winter months so you would need to change the water to make it seem a bit cooler and sprinkle water on top.

I did notice that after we had that heatwave the tank went up to 30'C and then i did a water change which the water going back in was alot cooler, which triggered them to spawn bcause the following morning i woke up to find eggs around my thermometre.

Unfortunely my eggs went fuzzy and obviously were unfertlised or sercomed to egg fungus.

My cories have become less active lately as i had a nitrite spike (mega) which i think i have sorted now.

Ok corries are quite hard to breed. :p

Firstly cories breed in the winter months like I said before. If you think your female cory may have eggs then you should do a 1/3 water change. Do not heat the water up. This gives the corys a winter feeling. Then do regular weekly water changes (cooler). If your corries want to breed they will spend alot of time together. WHen corys breed they align themselves ina T shape. Corys lay eggs and will try and lay them on something flat. Corys do not gaurd the eggs so you may want to take them out for the fry to really have a chance. Good Luck ;)

:eek: oh wow, ty :)... Corries are not alone in the tank though, so I'm afraid the water changes might make the other fish suffer. :( 1 pleco died over night " I guess I favored it with too much cucumber".

Most reactions

Back