Corydoras sick PLEASE help

Berksou

Reaction score
Hi there,

Before two days I saw one of my very active albino Cory injured (blood on the skin like a knife cut). I understood that he might scrapped his body on something. My gourami most of the time pick on the cories especially over the wafers so it might be an accident.

Shortly the injury spot disappeared from the skin but know this same Cory is reddish and sitting not willing to eat or acravange for food.

What SHOULD I do? Could it be an infection that found a route when he was injured?

PS: my temp is around 87 since around 2 weeks. I was treating ich and will wait 2 days before brining this down. Water parameters should be OK and no ammonia.

Thanks for help!

Post pics of the fish.

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte, using a liquid test kit?

A ammonia and nitrite=0 and nitrate=10-20ppm. Here is the pics. It is moving but not very active.

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_093620.jpg
    IMG_20220318_093620.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220318_093449.jpg
    IMG_20220318_093449.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 46
87° is a very high temp for corydoras, I think that would be enough to cause extreme sluggishness or worse over an extended period.

If the ich is gone, definitely turn the heat down back to normal.
This particular one might be dealing with something else now, if you could isolate him in a quarantine tank for more observation that'd be best for all involved.

Another thing, and I've seen this personally, if the gourami constantly picks on them, some fish might "take it" more seriously than others. From my personal experience, staying still is a way they avoid attention from the aggressive fish, not to mention the cory could be in constant stress and that will make him more susceptible to all kinds of issues and illness

I've turned the heat down. I will watch him few more days because I don't have quarantine tank. What do you suggest as substrate?

Agree, sand is frankly mandatory for cories as they filter feed and sand is also far less of a bacterial problem. You're in Canada, so you can get a bag of Quikrete Play Sand at Home Depot or Lowe's, I have used this for 8 or more years now. No other industrial sand is as safe.

Most reactions

Back