Cory Changed Colour?

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
I came home to work today and noticed one of my corys has got darker? The other one is still more see through but I could swear there a darker colour. There now hiding behind one of my rock thingys while the other goes about what they do normally. What's up with them?

How long have you had them?

Probably just feeling more confident and less stressed out after their move so you may find the other one follows suit soon

Probably just feeling more confident and less stressed out after their move so you may find the other one follows suit soon

But the other cory happily slips through the sand, nibbles on food and floats around. Where is the other used to until going into this dark bit and not coming out. It worrys them they might have had a fight? or worse. Breeding!

It's highly unlikely they are breeding but if they were that wouldn't be a bad thing buddy!

As for your concerns, give it s few days and see what happens. Have you any other fish in your tank?

It's highly unlikely they are breeding but if they were that wouldn't be a bad thing buddy!

As for your concerns, give it s few days and see what happens. Have you any other fish in your tank?

5 neon tetras, I was going to add another 5 neons and 4 corys but I want to know whats up with this guy first.

techen fish can change there colour depending on there surroundings, is the tank got like a dark (black) background or up against anything dark? or even have any dark stuff in the tank?

my torpedos change colour all the time depending on what i do with my tank, im hoping they do a bit darker at the moment with my new black background :)

techen fish can change there colour depending on there surroundings, is the tank got like a dark (black) background or up against anything dark? or even have any dark stuff in the tank?

my torpedos change colour all the time depending on what i do with my tank, im hoping they do a bit darker at the moment with my new black background
smile.png

Maybe it's due to the sand then :B

ye could have been, maybe as the sand is brighter than your old gravel, i would see it as a good thing rather than a bad thing :) unless the two are fighting but in a tank your size with only two i doubt that

ye could have been, maybe as the sand is brighter than your old gravel, i would see it as a good thing rather than a bad thing
smile.png
unless the two are fighting but in a tank your size with only two i doubt that

I did come home to notice the temp at a risky 26c when I had my heater set to 24....c

26c is fine, i have mine at 25.8 and a 2 degree difference fish probably think its a heat wave but wont kill them, it it was like 5 degree difference then start to worry, 26 is a rough ball park figure most people use for a tropical tank as it suites almost all fish to a degree

heaters are very inaccurate and as they get older they get even more inaccurate, mine are set to 26 dead and are at 25.8 lows of 24.6 at night and high of 26.2

Most reactions

Back