Copper Rasbora?

Talz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was looking around today and I couldent help but notice a little tank labeled "Copper Rasbora". My question is what are these? They looked mutch the same as harlequins but it couldent be a case of mislabling as on the opposite wall they had a large tank of harlequins, is anyone familiar with these?

It may be Rasbora espei, its very similar to the Harlequin in terms of water parameters and needs. Its more copper coloured and has a slimmer body, the black triangle is thinner. It grows to the same length as the Harlequin. There is another one R Hengeli that looks very like the R. espei but originates in a different area. There might be other closely related species also. When non scientific names are used its hard to tell.

Thanks, do you know mutch about their care, I think its Rasbora espei. I was thinking they might look good with my cardinals or bosemani rainbow, also I might just settle for the harlequin, what would you guys say is the better fish?

i got 9 of them and they are lovely.
very easy to care for :good:

Do they look like this?

CopperRasboras.jpg

ive got some, technically theyre hengeli's rasbora. I think the common name is glowlight rabora? ot sure though. Same kind of care to a harlequin really

ok allow me to clear up the confusion :p

Copper, or more precicely cooper rasboras are Trigonostigma espei (which are nice and bright)
Glowlight rasboras are Trigonostigma hengell (which are dull in comparrison)

HTH

Most reactions

Back