Fish Herder
Reaction score
gator.jpg

manatee.jpg

ocean.jpg

shark.jpg

turtle.jpg

whale2.jpg

looks like a potatoe bass to me (i dunno if that is the common name for that type of grouper) also that manatee has some horrible propeller damage, such a sad thing to see on such a beautiful animal.

I think the pictures were winners from National Geographic if I recall correctly, could be wrong. There was a bunch of them and I saved them all to use for my Desktop background. The ones I posted just pertain to water but I have more !

The manatee one is sad. Where we go fishing we often see them as well as dolphins. We go in the canals off of the river which leads to the ocean. They come close to the boat where you can almost reach out and touch them. Gentle creatures they are. I get so mad when I see boats speeding by. It is a no wake zone !!! Partly the countys fault too for having only 2 signs in such a large area.

The manatee one is sad. Where we go fishing we often see them as well as dolphins. We go in the canals off of the river which leads to the ocean. They come close to the boat where you can almost reach out and touch them. Gentle creatures they are. I get so mad when I see boats speeding by. It is a no wake zone !!! Partly the countys fault too for having only 2 signs in such a large area.
I hate the way people act, too. I mean, it's not like manatee problems are a new thing, ya know? I've had the privilege to actually touch and feed these gentle giants. I used to live in Merritt Island on a canal and they used to come through there. The majority of them have the boat scars as well... :(

Faythee, do you have the link to these pics? I'd love to have it. :)

Fabulous pics!! Just had to save them all cos I couldn't decide which to have as a screensaver! This way I can change it when ever I want, Great!!!

I love that turtle picture, reminds me of the turtles in finding nemo lol

Most reactions

Back