Convict Cichlids

Fishfan4lyfe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was in my pet store today that has recently started to do fish. I noticed that they were selling Convict Cichlid fry for 50p each. I have only ever kept a community tank but these fish have caught my eye.

First of all I would like to thank members of the forum. After reading so many previous posts about these fish I have decided against them at this moment in time.

Secondly I am now saving up for a big tank to hopefully keep some in the future.

Many Thanks

How come you decided against them? is your tank to small for them?

They have wicked character but other than a plec there is not alot you can keep with them other than another convict.

If you have a largish tank you could add some dithers and maybe a firemouth,or a very large tank a Oscar.

Pound for Pound these things are hardcore!

Hi i have quite a few in my huge tank along with plenty of other fish and ive not seen any aggression at all but that might be me being lucky with my fish again lol

Convicts are 2 to a penny, very easy to breed, ime they are quite aggressive, pound for pound a mean a$$ cichlid. I now keep Sajica cos my Con was a p***. There are a few alternatives to std cons which imo are better looking as they aren't as common. I plan to keep Cons or the like as dithers for my RTM someday.

Thanks for the info every1

The reason i decided against them was because i currently dont have a tank large enough and have only kept community fish. So im researching about the convicts and saving up for a bigger tank

Many Thanks

Most reactions

Back