Converting To Sand

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SPLiSH

Bettas are better!
Reaction score
I have a tall 2 gal tank that I use as a hospital/QT tank, it currently houses: *drumroll*

1 x apple snail.

:p

I was bored today and thought sand would look nicer than the current pea gravel in the 2 gal, and would give me some practice maintaining it for when I use it in a bigger tank. So here are a few shots of the changeover from gravel to sand:

Before:

Picture014.jpg

During:

So cloudy even after heaps of rinsing!

Picture029.jpg

The star of the show: my apple snail in it's holding tub. :hyper:

Picture039.jpg

Ready and raring to go!

Picture033.jpg

And then the snail is put back in the tank:

Party on the anubias!

Picture040.jpg

Speed demon!

Picture042.jpg

And although I am sure you want to see more pics of the wonderous snail, now a shot of the final product:

Picture041.jpg

I'm happy with it, I think it makes the tank look brighter and cleaner. What do you guys think? I know it'd look better with a background, but it needs natural light as the tank lights are duds. :( Proper lighting is my next step, then a black background.

Kim - Thanks! Yep, s/he is kind of spoilt... never thought I would get so attached to a snail, but I find watching it quite interesting. It's munching on some zucchini now.

FKNM - Thanks! I didn't think of the sky blue colour... good idea! Lol, the snail will look like a little sun against a blue sky! Aw...

I really like that little tank - do you know what make/model it is?

I really like that little tank - do you know what make/model it is?

Thanks Elly! :) It's an AA Fish@Hotel AA330. They are nice looking little tanks, but a pain to clean because the filter is in the hood and you need to remove it to gravel vac the tank. I have also had trouble with the light fixtures, the lights die after a few days. I thought it was the tubes initially but after trying a few different ones, came to the conclusion that it was the tank that was the issue.

But they are nice little tanks, perfect for a desk or whatever (I have mine on my desk).

Most reactions

Back