Conjoined Platy Fry!!

Sasha

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Yesterday, my female platy gave birth to 42 fry but two of them are conjoined at the belly. :huh: The rest of the platy fry are normal. Here are a couple pics of them.

Attachments

• Fry.JPG
    Fry.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 75
They seem to be doing fine and are able to swim together. I seperated them from the others, so they don't get picked on.

Here's another pic. :wub:

Attachments

• Fry2.JPG
    Fry2.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 59
lol, u can start your own fishy freak circus.

maybe the media will get hold of your pictures and it will be on tomowrrows front page :lol:

That is incredible! Please try your best to keep them alive and see how they develop! Also remember to keep us updated.

They may seperate in time, or they may be joined like "siamese twins", Whatever the outcome, keep a log of it and you may be in next months Fishkeeping Magazine ;).

Ben :)

Thanks everyone. :D I'm going to try my best to keep them alive. I'll keep you all updated too.

I was so amazed when I discovered them! :hyper: I ran down the stairs shouting, "My platy had siamese twins! This is so amazing!"

thats awsome! :hyper:

do you think you can get another pic?

DD

that's amazing. i hope they'll do fine but honestly i don't see them living like that for very long :sad: i've never even heard of conjoined fish before. weird!

It looks like they're both fully intact, so as long as they can manage to eat and poo correctly, they'll probably live. How exciting! I wish you and your new freakshow the best :wub:

Most reactions

Back