Congo Tetra Tankmates ?

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello again!
So I started cycling my 66 US Gallon Tank.
Fishless Cycle.
Large Sponge Filter
No Plant Added ATM
Pebble Gravel Substrate
Big Round Pebble Decoration
Extra Large Driftwood
Last Chemical Check
Ammonia 3.0 ppm
Nitrite 1.5 ppm
Nitrates 0 ppm
Ph 6.8 - 7
Going to add Almond Leaf After Tank Finish Cycling
Main Fish A Group of Congo Tetra Around 10.

I am currently still looking for tank mates for my Congo, Bottom Dweller will be great. The water is going to be Acidic since I am adding Almond leaf & around 5-8 General Hardiness
I make this kind of thread before and it turns out I can't find any Brown / Beige Playsand For this Tank, so I am going to skip Scale-less Fish Like Kuhli / Catfish. I really want this to be a great last project (But who knows) I start fish keeping when I am 14 Y/O and I am currently 17 Y/O right now, I do part time job to buy anything my fish need. but since Covid I sold my game account and digital game item etc. For keeping fish. (Please don't sue me :angel: Currently Still Having Disease called Multiple Tank Disease/MTS) :rofl:

Should I make Congo Tetra Only Fish Tank or any Advise/Sugesstion will help a lot :)

Last edited:
The pebble gravel rather rules out most substrate fish unfortunately. What is the tank dimensions (length and width). I might find some loaches suited to gravel, this is the substrate in some India subcontinent rivers and streams if memory serves me.

Can you really not find aquarium sand anywhere? Aquarium fish are very popular in your part of the globe.

It's 100 Cm Length and 50 cm width
I am still trying to find the sand, since I don't have too many thing and I only start cycling with the substrate & driftwood. I'll keep updating I will change the substrate if I found it since originally I want to keep congo & Corys :(

Most reactions

Back