Confusion - Nutrafin Cycle & Nutrafin Aqua Plus. Also Which Is Th

jenni8888

Reaction score
Ok, I am getting a little confused. I have received a start up guide with my tank and it recommends using Nutrafin Cycle & Nutrafin Aqua Plus.

Is the Nutrafin Cycle needed for cycling/water changes? Do I need to get this?

Nutrafin Aqua Plus is a water conditioner - which is needed, but is this brand any good? I have read on this forum that Seachem Prime concentrated conditioner is recommended.....

Many thanks for advice on this :)

I'd ignore any guide that came with your tank as it's intended to sell you their own products. It's generally accepted around here that those bacteria in a bottle products are a load of rubbish. Like you, I got some with my tank and if it's free you might as well use it as it can't hurt, but it's doubtable that it's actually going to to much good and certainly not worth paying for.

Prime is generally recommended around here because it's so concentrated and so good value for money. The Aqua Plus will work just as well, but when you run out, buy Prime instead.

The Nutrafin Cycle is a biological additive intended to help move your cycle forward. My own experience with it is that it does nothing at all. The Aqua plus is a dechlorinator. Use that or any other dechlorinator with every water change.

Most reactions

Back