Compatability?

Fish milk

Reaction score
Would a Black Ghost Knife and a Fire eel be compatable? and if so are there any other colourful fish that could go in the tank, like cichlids.
Thanks.

Not sure how many gallon but it is 6x2x2 it is not set up yet as the black ghost is only about 3" and the eel is about 6" so at the moment they are in a rio 180.

Some are hesitant to put a BGK with cichlids, but I've heard of it being successful. At just 3inches I might be a little hesistant because I would guess it not as hardy yet. I don't know anything about the eel.

I am planning on placing my BGK with some new world cichilds in a few months here after I change some tanks around.

Look for a bigger BGK!!

i'ved got 1 in with a oscar and sevrums, they don't bother him at all they fight amongst themselfs. But I would be worried about a small BGK being eaten by others.

Yes, I would also be a bit worried about the BGK. Severums or even discus should be okay, as well as just about any of the Sataniperca species should also do well with a BGK and fire eel. If you ever plan on upgrading, a South American lungfish should also do very well with them, and could live in that tank for a good while. :)

Most reactions

Back