Community Tropical Fish Aquarium

deannos

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
It will be a couple of months before i start to buy any fish,depending on how well the cycle goes. But i was wondering what fish will go together ok with out to many problems. I have to have a shark,(sons insistence)maybe redtail version and i do like the Clown Loaches. Also a Pleco of some sort, Black Mollys  and some Neon Tetras. Would these fish get on ok, how many of each would be best and could i have some other fish in the tank. My tank is a Juwel Vision 160L,42 US gallons (39"x12"x18"). I have gone for a playsand subtrate, so maybe a couple of fish that like to dig etc. Also would live plants grow in the sand ok.

Thanks

I would not reccomend clown loaches or a red tailed black shark for your tank. Both can get quite large and would outgrow your tank.
You don't want a Pleco that can get more than 4-5 inches adult size as they would be too big. I recommend Bristlenose Plecos.
Thsee are the numbers of the fish I would put in there.
1-3 bristlenose Pleco
15-22 neon tetras
5-10 mollies.
Most Live plants grow fine in sand. :)

Thanks for this, i didn't realize the clowns got that big

i would say 2 zebra angels 3 long finned albino bushy nosed pleco ( same as a bristlenose but just looks kooler with long fins and as an albino ) and MAYBE a few honeycomb catfish 

i would love to see a pair of male/female african butterfly fish in there but then make sure they have a good diet of bugs or maybe you could train them to eat pellets! that'd be cool but if you do decide to listen to me please dont get other surface fish that will bother the butterfly

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/miscellaneous/butterfly.php

I like Talltrees stocking plan but there are some other species out there that may help them with the Shark dilema :) Things like Dwarf Chain Loaches or Wood Catfish might work, Goggys suggestion of the Honeycomb catfish would work great! But you would need a big group of them to make them confident enough to keep them active :)

Also instead of the plecos can I suggest whiptail catfish, things like Lamonicthys or Sturisoma are gorgeous and produce much less waste than regular plecs

Wills

Wills said:
I like Talltrees stocking plan but there are some other species out there that may help them with the Shark dilema
smile.png
Things like Dwarf Chain Loaches or Wood Catfish might work, Goggys suggestion of the Honeycomb catfish would work great! But you would need a big group of them to make them confident enough to keep them active
smile.png

Also instead of the plecos can I suggest whiptail catfish, things like Lamonicthys or Sturisoma are gorgeous and produce much less waste than regular plecs

Wills
LOVE golden whiptail catfish one of my favorite suckermouths maybe a blue accara would work and i love them wood catfish

Most reactions

Back