"commercial Sized" Dechlorinator

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
Over the last week, including a major scare when I discovered I had overdosed Easycarbo on a massive scale in the 540 (resulting in a 60% water change), I've managed to go through the best part of a 500ml bottle of Tetra Aqua Safe, which cost ~£14!
blink.gif
It did not help that the doseage of this Tetra product is higher than Nutrafin's Aquaplus (20ml per 8 gallons versus 10ml).

Having just looked on Ebay and Google, the best price I've come up with so far is £20.50 including postage for 2 litres of Nutrafin Aquaplus (http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT).

Does anyone know of any better deals?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
eBay is definately the best place to get deals on conditioners. Some shops are cheaper than others but don't compete with some eBay dealers. I also go for the bigger bottles, saves a good amount of money.

So, I'd go for that if I were you, unless you find a cheaper eBayer.

James.

buy a bottle of seachem prime, it only takes 0.25ml to sort out 10ltrs of water and lasts for ages. saves loads of cash on dechlor :good: another option is to use pond dechlor as its even more concentrated.

I use pond dechlorinator - you can buy huge bottle dead cheap on ebay and they last forever. I have a 250L tank and all I need is one teaspoon for a 50% water change!

I have a second vote for seachem prime. I used to spend loads on dechlor til I switched but I havent bought a bottle in nearly a year now! Although I am going to have to buy another one soon. But even so, it's good stuff! If I had a bigger tank I'd go for pond dechlor.

so would a 400lr tank be regarded as a large tank, for a 50% (200lr) water change how much pond dechlor would i use
That would depend on the brand it seems, as I have discovered while comparing Aqua Safe and Aquaplus.

i use pond dechlor and i dont have anywhere near as big a tank. one bottle lasts me for months and months. i use around 1/2 ml per 10 gal or so. i never really measure, just eyeball it. pond dechlor is the way to go. just make sure it treats chlorine AND chloramine. best deal out there. get some pond dechlor :good:
cheers

Sorry to crash your thread but... Can I ask the members who do you use pond dechlor, what brands are you using?

James.

pond declor is just more concentrated

Most reactions

Back