Colombian Tetra Question

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
i have 5 colombian tetras in with my red eyes and neons

tehy only come out of hiding when the tank lights are off, as soon as teh light goes on, they hide away looking sheepish

does anyone know why please?

are they still getting used to teh tank (bought them a week ago)

established tank of 18 months so levels are fine

Hi

tehy only come out of hiding when the tank lights are off, as soon as teh light goes on, they hide away looking sheepish

i have about 10 colombians and they are all out front, i can only suggest 5 is too small a number but they do get quite big for tetras. di

i don't think it will be the grouping tbh , i had one for a month or two until i found a shop selling another two and they have been fine , i'm still wating for my LFS to get more in so i can get a nice shoal but atm they are alwaysout and about

i don't think it will be the grouping tbh , i had one for a month or two until i found a shop selling another two and they have been fine , i'm still wating for my LFS to get more in so i can get a nice shoal but atm they are alwaysout and about

Im still concerned. They dont look ill and wehen the lights are off they are all out with the other fishswimming happily. as soon as teh tank lights come on, they swim very very fast into their hiding place and dont come out??????????????

some floating plants or some sort of shade from the light could help.
i purchased 13 the other day and they are very lively the larger the shoal the better

Hi

i have about 10 colombians and they are all out front, i can only suggest 5 is too small a number but they do get quite big for tetras. di

MMM POST SOME PICTURES OF THE TANK WITH THESE 10 PLEASE :hey:

I would be inclined to create a planted area within the tank<even if plastic plants and get some floating plants<again even if plastic,,,,ive floated plastic plants which were ment for putting in gravel and it looks fine,get some duck weed to cover the top to give shade

Most reactions

Back