Cold Water Catfish?

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI!

Does anyone know of a cold water catfish that could live in aquarium? (not too large than) - the tank is 63 gallon.
(This is just a hypothetical question because right now the tank is still inhabited by tropical fish.)

THX

We have a cold water catfish (Tandanus bostocki) in Western Australia but you can't get them anywhere else so if you don't live in Aust, you can't have one.

i might be wrong but im sure ive seen something called a hong kong plec or was it butterfly plec ? in pets@home thats coldwater (so they say)
scot :)

The hong kong plec/butterfly plec is not a plec at all, but a hill-stream loach - more info HERE
HTH
Martin

If it's just an unheated indoor tank, peppered corydoras do well in subtropical temperatures, and I think there are a few other sub-tropical corydoras too.

Stay away from hillstream loaches unless you are prepared to dedicate the tank to them.

I do not know the scientific name, but the common name would be Bullhead catfish. These guys grow to about 8 inches and are gluttons, they will eat everything.

Most reactions

Back